CEOs are surrounded by crazy travel schedule, lunch at high profile places, first-class airline meal drenched in cream sauce and the boardroom goodies. It is difficult to win the battle of the bulge when the temptations are thrown at you all the time. However, there are ways to stay fit and in shape in spite of all the odds that constitutes your day. Here is how:
- Keep an eye out: Watching what you eat solves half your weight problem. Staying low on carbs or eliminating it from your meal will take you a long way. Stay away from the bread and the dessert and instead of that order a plate of fresh vegetables. Substitute that salad dressing with freshly made salsa. Being creative in the ways you eat will help you to keep that extra weight off your waist.
- The cocktail parties: Avoid filling your stomach by munching on the snacks when you go for cocktail parties. They have tons of calories. Take small sips from your drink instead of ordering another one for the road.
- Avoid a big meal at the end of the day: As the day passes, our metabolic rate slows. Therefore, instead of snacking through the whole day and then hogging on a big meal at the end of the day, start your day with a healthy breakfast and as the day progresses, cut on the portion of your food and eating the lightest meal for dinner.
- The willpower factor: Your money can provide you with a personal trainer and a gym at home but it cannot save you from gaining those extra pounds if you do not have a strong willpower. Cuban, owner of Mavericks gained most of his lost 10 pounds, thanks to his sweet tooth. He cannot eat a bowl of ice cream; he eats a whole carton.
- Identify your trigger food: Identify the foods whose sight triggers the hunger in you. Cutting them off your diet list might make them more tempting to you, so design a meal plan which would allow you to cheat on your diet once a week, that is, only if your trigger food is loaded with calories.
- Plan your day to include one physical activity, which you enjoy. A brisk walk, swimming or playing with your dog or child are incredible stress busters and metabolic boosters.
- Restrict the intake of coffee and sodas. Switch to green tea or herb infused tea to relax your senses.
Discipline is the only way to keep trim. Jonathan Tisch, CEO, Loews Hotels, says that when he has a couple of bites of desserts or French fries, he punishes himself by running an extra half- mile the next day. When you are managing a multimillion-dollar company, you cannot mismanage your biggest asset – yourself.